Thursday, September 20, 2007

TV - "Bionic Woman" Premiere

With producers from Battlestar Gallactica and The X-Files, how can NBC's newest Sci Fi series fail?

We're pretty stoked about a new female superhero and what looks like it will be a really neat new show.

Q: What's at the heart of Jaime that made you want to play her? Do you want her to be all science or more of a human being with her pregnancy, her having to take care of her younger sister and the emotions of having to readjust to a new life?

Ryan: I think it is absolutely the human side... Yes, she has these super abilities, but at the core of it, there is a woman's journey of self discovery and her right to empowerment. I feel like I am on that journey. I just felt an instant connection. I know this young character (Vivian), who also has sudden abilities, she comes along farther down the series and Jaime takes her under her wing immediately. She is very compassionate and she questions every step of the way when Jonas and Antonio say, 'We are the good guys.' She questions everything. I love that. She is just this very grounded multi-layered character and person. That's why I felt, yeah, there is so much potential to play with her character, aside from the action sequences. The sci-fi element at the core of it is this human being who has got so much depth. That's the woman I want to be like. I want to find my voice and I want my voice to be strong and confident. I feel playing Jaime is helping me get there.

Check out the trailer above and read more of the cool interview with Michelle Ryan here.

The Bionic Woman premieres September 26th on NBC.




Digg!

No comments: